Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 21519 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

Tradeguy
(member)
10/18/04 01:18 PM
Re: Ebay Login Failed [re: MJ_Christensen]  

Well, given that most people aren't having the problem, you gotta figure it's something in your Windows security settings. I've actually never seen the error, but I happened to have my internet security settings already set the way thom has suggested.

In a former life I was a technical support guy, and I'm fairly sure the solution lies in either an ebay or IE setting.

On Ebay, go into your "My Ebay" page, then "ebay preferences" (under the "my account" subsection). Look at your "ebay sign in preferences" section, and click on the "change" option.

I have everything checked, and preferred signin method is "ebay user id and password".

In IE advanced settings, in the security section, make sure the "warn if changing between secure and non secure modes" is not checked.

In IE, my overall security setting is set to "medium". If yours is set higher or to "custom", try dropping to medium to see if that makes a difference.

Also, just for grins, do a regular login to ebay using IE. If any unusual windows pop up, or you don't get logged in, then you'll at least see what the problem is. Also, try updating using AW2K after logging in successfully using IE (with the "remain logged in" option checked).

Last question - are you running Windows XP Service Pack 2 update? I am NOT because the update caused major system problems on my PC, but I have heard from those that have that there are a lot of new security related issues with this windows patch. I would be very curious to know if everyone having the problem is running SP2.

But whatever is causing the problem, it's not specifically an AW2K error, but has to be something related to either your Ebay or IE settings.

Hope some of this helps....
Rich

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Ebay Login Failed  valerie208810/15/04 12:39 PM
.*Re: Ebay Login Failed  leeflang10/20/04 07:33 AM
.*Re: Ebay Login Failed  rosb10/25/04 05:20 PM
.*Re: Ebay Login Failed  rodgw10/26/04 07:10 AM
.*Re: Ebay Login Failed  leeflang10/26/04 09:17 AM
.*Re: Ebay Login Failed  suemonson10/27/04 03:20 AM
.*Re: Ebay Login Failed  Dave Fortin10/18/04 12:13 PM
.*Re: Ebay Login Failed  MJ_Christensen10/17/04 03:02 PM