Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 18508 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/01/06 10:58 PM
Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks  

Is anyone else having this problem......?

First a little background:

-- A few weeks ago, I gave in and upgraded to Service Pack 2 for WinXP. This might have something to do with the problem I'm having, but I've listed several auctions since updating XP, and this listing error just started with tonight's listings, so who knows? And by the way, I have Automatic Updates disabled, so nothing got recently updated without my being aware of it.

-- In the last few days, when I preview a listing in AW, Big Brother Microsoft flashes a warning banner at me. It's at the top of the preview and is called the Internet Explorer Information Bar. Its mission is to protect us from nasty scripts and ActiveX. So I disabled it....or I thought I did.

Tonight, I tried to list some Lots, but I got "An error occurred while parsing the 'Choose Selling Format' page." So I did all the usual things we do -- backup, rebuild, restart, try again -- get same error -- restart again -- check for AW updates, you know the drill.

Kept getting the error.

For what it's worth, the eBay error page was at file:///C:/Aw2000/listing.html?SellHub3&js=0. When I viewed it, the page flashed or reloaded repeatedly at one-second intervals (it's the page that says Sell at the top and has a box titled What are you selling?). At the top is this MSIE warning: "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options...." I can stop the flashing by simply clicking to allow the blocked content, then saying Yes to "Allow active content such as script and ActiveX controls." But obviously, this Big Brother junk isn't disabled.

So I read the Windows Help file on this and disabled the stupid thing every place I could find (it's also called the Pop-Up Blocker; see Tools:Intenet Options:Security). Then I restarted my computer.

Got the same error and the Information Bar still popped up!

Does anyone know how to solve this annoying problem?

Thanks, Sue

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
.Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks   tictictic_OnEbay09/01/06 10:58 PM
.*Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks   ericapearl09/02/06 09:15 AM
.*Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks   bluepennylady09/02/06 09:21 AM
.*Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks   AquilaStamps09/01/06 11:10 PM
.*Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks   tictictic_OnEbay09/01/06 11:41 PM
.*Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks   AquilaStamps09/02/06 02:37 AM
.*Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks   bluepennylady09/02/06 05:58 AM
.*Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks   tictictic_OnEbay09/02/06 11:42 AM
.*Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks   bluepennylady09/02/06 01:15 PM
.*Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks   tictictic_OnEbay09/03/06 09:41 PM
.*Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks   bluepennylady09/03/06 10:01 PM
.*Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks   AquilaStamps09/02/06 08:19 AM
.*Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks   bluepennylady09/02/06 08:36 AM
.*Re: Unable to list; pesky MSIE Information Bar blocks   Tradeguy09/02/06 02:17 AM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads