Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 7516 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

tictictic_OnEbay
(addict)
05/19/08 03:34 PM
Adding Insurance at Paypal  

I got an email from a buyer saying he was unable to add insurance when he got to Paypal by hitting the Pay Now button after the auction ended. Paypal Customer Service tells me (after 3 phone calls and a total of 30 min on hold -- disconnected on one and given wrong number to call on another -- typical) that they were updating the site recently and customers were blocked from changing shipping amounts or adding insurance, however this issue has come up with other buyers in the past, so I'm not sure the technical difficulties is the real answer.

Is there some account setting at Paypal or on eBay that I need to tweak so my buyers can add insurance when they use the Pay Now button?

AND

Does anyone know how to add a tag for insurance in the link below? I tried adding "&insurance=$1.70" right after the $2.00 for S&H (without the quote marks), but it didn't work. This only comes into play if a buyer either tells me ahead of time they want insurance or if I send a revised invoice with insurance included. If I type the amount into the AW Insurance Cost field and then generate the email, the total due reflects the insurance, but then if you follow the link, the insurance cost just gets lumped in with the S&H, which seems a little lame.

http://https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=emailshere@convexation.com&item_name=Ebay+&item_number=Invoice+3753&amount=$124.07&shipping&handling=$2.00&totalamount=$126.07

Thanks, Sue

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
.Adding Insurance at Paypal  tictictic_OnEbay05/19/08 03:34 PM
.*Re: Adding Insurance at Paypal  bluepennylady05/19/08 03:38 PM
.*Re: Adding Insurance at Paypal  tictictic_OnEbay05/19/08 04:02 PM
.*Re: Adding Insurance at Paypal  tictictic_OnEbay05/19/08 08:22 PM
.*Re: Adding Insurance at Paypal  bluepennylady05/19/08 08:25 PM
.*Re: Adding Insurance at Paypal  bluepennylady05/19/08 04:16 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads