Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 10233 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

tictictic_OnEbay
(addict)
11/19/08 00:58 AM
Re: Paperless pyments on eBay deadline [re: bluepennylady]  

I couldn't sleep one night recently, so I got up, turned on my computer, and spent 90 minutes editing my (too numerous) templates. The only phrase I could come up with that I didn't think would get me in trouble was, "Contact me if you have ANY questions about ANYTHING to do with this auction or the auction process." I hope bidders will get the implied "wink, wink," and I hope they'll use the email link in my description instead of going through eBay. Are new sellers even allowed to insert email links in their descriptions or auction templates?

Anyway, here's my question: Do you think we'll get our hands slapped if we continue to use email templates that indicate buyers can send any form of payment they wish? I'd worry if I were using some customized email template that would go via eBay's system, but with third-party software, we should be ok, right? EBay would have to actually "go undercover" and buy something to find out what our email templates say. After the sale, we are communicating with our buyers via private email -- totally beyond the reach of eBay's rules, it seems to me, maybe even legally beyond their control. Would appreciate opinions.

Thanks, Sue

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Paperless pyments on eBay deadline  bluepennylady11/12/08 10:34 AM
.*Re: Paperless pyments on eBay deadline  Tradeguy11/13/08 03:31 AM
.*Re: Paperless pyments on eBay deadline  bluepennylady11/13/08 03:57 AM
.*Re: Paperless pyments on eBay deadline  moonstruck2211/13/08 07:45 PM
.*Re: Paperless pyments on eBay deadline  bluepennylady11/13/08 07:58 PM
..Re: Paperless pyments on eBay deadline  tictictic_OnEbay11/19/08 00:58 AM
.*Re: Paperless pyments on eBay deadline  bluepennylady11/19/08 05:18 AM
.*Re: Paperless pyments on eBay deadline  tictictic_OnEbay11/19/08 01:04 PM
.*Re: Paperless pyments on eBay deadline  bluepennylady11/19/08 01:26 PM