Listing
   >> eBay Stores
Thread views: 24635 Flat Mode*

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
09/27/06 03:15 PM
Enabling Store Snipes  

I like snipers (and besides, I are one myself). I don't understand why some sellers object to snipe bids. I try to end my auctions when people are most likely able to place last-second bids.

Ok, now about Store items..... I was under the impression they were un-snipable. When you look at a Buy-it-Now, there is no end date/time displayed. So if there are no watchers/few visitors for a GTC Store item that has run for 2 or 3 months, I just wait till the last hour or so of a 30-day listing period and end the item so it doesn't get relisted automatically for another 30 days. However, I worry that someone is sitting there with their mouse ready to pounce on my item, only to see it disappear almost before their eyes (and the message eBay displays is something like "The Buyer ended this auction early" which makes it sound like the Buyer took a private offer).

Now I've learned that if a shopper adds a Store item to their Watch list, they are made aware of the exact end date/time. In fact, they get an email notification when it's about to end, "Get your watched item before it's gone. Buy It Now!" That's great, but....

I, as the seller, don't know if someone is about to snipe my Store item, but I need to decide whether to allow it to relist or to end it before that last second clicks by. I know one solution would be to list items for 30 days instead of GTC, but if you've already got hundreds of GTC auctions, it's a problem.

Is there a solution I'm unaware of?

If not, I think eBay should institute a grace period of an hour or so (even a few minutes would be adequate), during which you can end the newly relisted Store item without being charged the 30-listing fee. This way Store items could be sniped.

Whadyathink?

Sue

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
.Enabling Store Snipes  tictictic_OnEbay09/27/06 03:15 PM
.*Re: Enabling Store Snipes  bluepennylady09/27/06 07:58 PM
.*Re: Enabling Store Snipes  tictictic_OnEbay10/31/06 11:42 AM
.*Re: Enabling Store Snipes  AquilaStamps10/31/06 12:05 PM
.*Re: Enabling Store Snipes  bluepennylady10/31/06 12:44 PM
.*Re: Enabling Store Snipes  AquilaStamps10/31/06 12:49 PM
.*Re: Enabling Store Snipes  bluepennylady10/31/06 01:09 PM
.*Re: Enabling Store Snipes  AquilaStamps10/31/06 03:21 PM