Listing
   >> eBay Stores
Thread views: 24655 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

tictictic_OnEbay
(member)
10/31/06 11:42 AM
Re: Enabling Store Snipes [re: bluepennylady]  

I've been trying to catch my GTC Store items just before they automatically relist for another 30 days. I'll set my timer to go off a few minutes before they are scheduled to relist, but I can't tell you how many times I've gotten to my desk as the timer was still beeping, only to find the auctions have already rolled over into the next 30-day period. Grrrrr. Either the time-left indication is wrong, or I'm losing my marbles. My timer works fine. Maybe I just need to refresh the page right before setting the timer.

Anyway........to respond to your comments:

The accounting wouldn't need to be a problem if they could set up the system to delay billing your account until the grace period expires. If you don't end the auction within the first 10 minutes or 30 minutes (or whatever) after it rolls over, then you get billed for the next 30-day period.

As to the 2nd-chance offer concept, I guess you are saying they could use that as a model for the accounting. I can't see how this would apply, though -- I'm not suggesting bidders be allowed to place bids after the items ends; just saying we shouldn't get billed for the next 30-day period on a GTC item if we cancel it within a few minutes after it rolls over. I just think people either don't realize the auction is a BIN and that sniping is moot, or they are aware of its actual end time because they've added it to their Watch list, and they are absolutely determined to wait till the last seconds to place their bid (not really a bid at all -- just a commitment to buy). As the seller, I can't allow those last seconds to pass unless I want to let the auction roll over for another listing period.

The only solution right now is to end all my GTC items and relist them as 30-day auctions. If I had thought this through before opening my Store, I never would have opted for GTC.

Sue

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Enabling Store Snipes  tictictic_OnEbay09/27/06 03:15 PM
.*Re: Enabling Store Snipes  bluepennylady09/27/06 07:58 PM
..Re: Enabling Store Snipes  tictictic_OnEbay10/31/06 11:42 AM
.*Re: Enabling Store Snipes  AquilaStamps10/31/06 12:05 PM
.*Re: Enabling Store Snipes  bluepennylady10/31/06 12:44 PM
.*Re: Enabling Store Snipes  AquilaStamps10/31/06 12:49 PM
.*Re: Enabling Store Snipes  bluepennylady10/31/06 01:09 PM
.*Re: Enabling Store Snipes  AquilaStamps10/31/06 03:21 PM
.*Re: Enabling Store Snipes  bluepennylady11/01/06 04:43 AM