General
   >> Websites
Thread views: 38344 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
08/16/08 03:29 PM
Re: website ultimate dummy [re: sarah]  

Sarah,

No worries... I know it may seem hard but once you get the hang of it.... it is super cool and easy to do..

Okie dokie... You have configured your AW2000 websites in AW2K by going to "File | Configure Websites" on the menu??

You need to select a website thumbnail template AND a website lot template (that is if you are going to use Lot pages) You don't have to use Lot pages if you don't want too. And it might be easier to not use them at first.. YOu can always add them later...

So just find one, duplicate it and then rename it the name of one of your AW2K configured websites..

You can edit the colors, font etc... And if you have decided NOT to use the Lot page, then uncheck the lot page option on the AW2K configured website on the "File } Configure website.. IT is down on the left about half way. "Use lot page" I think is the text. Just don't check it and the Lot pages won't upload. We can add them later if you want so don't worry about it.

AFTER you have edited the website thumbnail page to suit you, then you will assign that website thumbnail page to the AW2K website as the page to use.. So go back to "File | configure website"

Select the website on the left, then on the right hand side, Thumbnail template page, click the drop down and select your newly edited WEbsite thumbnail page.. Now AW2K knows which template to use.

the next field is the thumbnail page name... After you complete that field, you will see the URL appear in the bottom box, That is the URL you will need on your website for a hyperlink.. That is the clickable line that takes you to the AW2K thumbnail pages after you upload them..... We will talk about "uploading" here in a minute..

Now you have to tell AW2K which Auction lots you want to upload to your website. You do that when you are queueing the Auction lots for listing.. So if you have stuff already listed, you can Queue them again. Or just wait until you list again and when you are queueing auction lots then add them to the AW2K configured websites.

After you have finished the listing process AND you have AW2K configured websites, there will appear a prompt asking if you want to update your website now..Just click Yes if you do or No if you don't... If you want to upload the website(s) later you can by going to "Tools | Update websites"....... on the menu. You can have as many AW2K websites as you
want.

does that help at all? If not, let me know and I will try again.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*website ultimate dummy  sarah08/16/08 01:36 PM
.*Re: website ultimate dummy  bluepennylady08/16/08 01:44 PM
.*Re: website ultimate dummy  sarah08/16/08 03:00 PM
..Re: website ultimate dummy  bluepennylady08/16/08 03:29 PM
.*Re: website ultimate dummy  sarah08/16/08 04:00 PM