This is very much like what Garry had me try last night -- I'll have to compare the methods side-by-side to see what the difference is. Here's the solution:
1. Make sure AW2000 is closed.
2. Open the Windows Explorer and navigate into the "C:\Aw2000" folder.
3. Select "Tools | Folder Options..." from the menu bar.
4. When the "Folder Options" window opens, click on the "View" tab.
5. In the "Advanced settings" area locate the checkbox labeled "Hide file
extensions for known file types" and uncheck the box.
6. Click the "OK" button.
7. Find the file named "AW2000.ini" and double click on it. That will open
it in the Windows Notepad.
8. Find the line in the file that reads:
Change the line so that it reads:
9. Select "File | Save" from the Notepad menu bar.
10. Close the Notepad and the Windows Explorer.
Got my description box back and all is right with the world. Thanks again Judy and Garry. You are amazing! Not quite as amazing as Thom, but, well, no one's as amazing as Thom, huh?