General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 8784 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

mouse
(stranger )
08/02/07 07:39 PM
generating invoices  

Hi! I'm new to AuctionWizard 2000, so I have alot of questions!
Could someone tell me in exactly what order you do things? I know to retrieve email & put into AW2000, open the PayPal payment, etc. When do I update auctions & generate invoices? Does it matter?
Thanks for your help! I'm sure I'll be back with more questions! It seems like so much to learn!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/02/07 08:22 PM
Re: generating invoices new [re: mouse]  

Hi, Mickey!

Here is the workflow we use every single day.

as soon as the computers are up and running, we update all our auction lots. (eBay, eBay store and Overstock.comAuctions) At the conclusion of the update, we generate Invoices.

After we generate Invoices, we retrieve email.
Associating paypal payments,
Record payments,
Print packing slips for invoices ready to package for shipping.

You cannot generate Invoices unless you have updated Auction lots and something has sold.

During the day, your Auction lots should be updated after auctions end. So if you list at 3:00 today with seven day auction, then next week at 3:00 you will need to update your auctions and generate invoices.

If you use Buy It Now listings, either Store or 1,3, 5, 7 or 10, you can manually update individual auction lots without having to wait for scads of auctions to update.

Let's say Auction number 1111111111 has sold. Copy the Auction id number from the End of Auction notice.
Go to the Auction lots tab/window
Use the "magnifying glass" icon (that is the Find tool)
Select "Auction id" from the options
Paste in the Auction id into the Find field
click OK
When the Auction lot appears, you can use your keyboard ctrl+D and the auction lot will update.
Tasks | Generate Invoices.

That is much quicker than waiting for tons of auctions to update everytime one auction lot sells in the middle of the day.

But it is advisable to update your regular auctions every day right after they end.

I hope that makes sense and helps. If not, let me know and I'll try again.

Judy/blue

mouse
(stranger )
08/02/07 08:50 PM
Re: generating invoices new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thanks Judy! That's exactly what I needed!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/02/07 10:18 PM
Re: generating invoices new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

I am glad that helped!

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads