Configuration
   >> Auction Profiles
Thread views: 10469 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

fschimpf
(stranger )
01/03/07 05:43 PM
Buy it now Dutch Auctions not supported  

Hi:
When I installed AW2k, I had 2 eBay accounts. One had gotten hacked and locked, so I created a 2nd.
I spent some time with the online chat with Security at eb, and got the first account unlocked.
I edited my profile in AW2k and created a lot (duplicate). I entered 4 as the quantity and $16.00 as the Sell price.
Here is the error that I got.

What am I doing wrong?

Lot # Error Message
----- ------------------------
11 API Error Code 191: Buy It Now Dutch Auctions are not supported at this time.

Thanks
Frank

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
01/03/07 06:07 PM
Re: Buy it now Dutch Auctions not supported new [re: fschimpf]  

Frank:

Dutch auctions are great for some things. It is a fantastic way to move a lot of items but it cannot have a Buy It Not. That's an eBay rule not aw2k. So the way to do a Dutch Auction is to list your item with the following fields:

Quantity - Enter the number of items you want to sell and it must be greater than 1 for a dutch auction.

Starting Bid - Enter the lowest price you are willing to accept.

Reserve - That has to be BLANK

Buy Price - That has to be BLANK

Now your bidders will start to bid a price and an amount that they want from 1 to as many as you have listed or anywhere between.

The lowest successful bid is the price paid by all winning bidders.

Hope this helps.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
01/03/07 06:38 PM
Re: Buy it now Dutch Auctions not supported new [re: fschimpf]  

Frank:

Sorry to hear about your account being hacked. It is getting to be more and more of a problem. Today the problem is more than simply an inconvenience but it can be a mess financially. I hope it wasn't too bad for you. From your comment it sounds as if eBay spent quite a bit of time with you - that's great 'cause often it seems as if they are simply in a hurry to get on to the next caller.

Good luck with the new account.

Garry

fschimpf
(stranger )
01/07/07 04:41 PM
Re: Buy it now Dutch Auctions not supported new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Thanks Garry. That works.

Frank

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads