Configuration
   >> Auction Profiles
Thread views: 11941 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

DEALS2000
(stranger )
04/12/07 05:43 PM
Counter issue  

As soon as I post a new auction on eBay the counter that shows how many people viewed the item is already at 3.

Is this counter not acurate?

Thanks Steve

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/12/07 05:51 PM
Re: Counter issue new [re: DEALS2000]  

Steve,

The counter is supplied by eBay. You might ought to notify eBay via Live Help tomorrow about the hit count being off like that. Not too long ago there was a major counter problem. And seeing eBay just changed coding again, there could be another issue.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/12/07 05:58 PM

Steve,

I just checked my counters. They are doing the same thing.

I think I'll go check Omniture and see if it is right or not.

Judy/blue

DEALS2000
(stranger )
04/14/07 05:42 AM
Re: Counter issue new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy/blue, thanks I did chat with ebay but his answer was not good. He was trying to say that the counter starts at 3 because maybe someone did a search and then looked at the item so the count would be like 2 or 3

Not a good answer.

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/14/07 06:02 AM

Hi,

That means they have no idea what is wrong Which isn't surprising at all. Sometimes you will get a Live Chat staffer that will know what is going on/ And then, there are the other times, you wonder if how they even got a job

My counters are doing the exact same thing. But it looks like the Omniture statistics are accurate.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
04/14/07 08:10 AM
Re: Counter issue new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi:
I too have noticed the same strange behavior with counters on eBay. I can post one auction and immediatly go to the page and the counter is 3 or 4 or 5. No way! I also noticed the omniture stats were correct. eBay live has no clue about the problem though.

But I do love the creative answer they gave - it's those searchers that are just sitting there waiting for our auctions to drop in. How much better would it have been to say, I'm sorry I don't know what is wrong or why it is happening. But give me some time to check into it and I'll email you.

I think this counter problem has been going on for at least a month if not more. It was a while ago that I noticed it. So guess they aren't working on it as yet.

Garry

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads