Configuration
   >> Email Templates
Thread views: 16457 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

DEALS2000
(newbie)
08/25/07 09:39 AM
Insert Invoice Field question? new  

After I insert buyers first name or Buyers Full name into my template that I use for shipping notice and then send it I get a message that there is an error.

So the name never shows up in the email.

Any ideas

Thanks,

Steve

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
08/25/07 10:20 AM
Re: Insert Invoice Field question? new [re: DEALS2000]  

Steve:
Are you putting the name field in the header section and selecting it from the drop down menu. If you are typing it double check that that it is formatted as the drop down shows it. Does it show up when you are in the edit mode and click on Preview? If it does then save the template and try again. If it does not show up in preview - delete the field save the template. Re-open for edit and put your cursor where you want the field and using the drop down menu select the field you want to use. Click on preview and it should show up. Then Save the file and exit. One other thing that happened to me was that the name field on the first tab of the invoice was blank for a particular invoice and for the life of me I couldn't figure why the email wasn't picking up the name. So just make sure the one you have been using for testing has a completed name field in the BUYER tab. I know these are simplistic suggestions and you may have tried them all. I thought maybe you may have missed one of them. Hope there is some help here for you.

Garry

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/25/07 11:19 AM
Re: Insert Invoice Field question? [re: DEALS2000]  

Steve,

Could you please explain by what you mean by you are "inserting the buyer's name into the template you use"??

Do you mean you are hand typing the information into the email?

Or Are you sending the shipping notice by going to Tasks | Print shipping labels and Invoices" on the menu bar? And the name/address does not appear in the shipping notice?

Garry is quite right about using the Post changes icon on the toolbar. The Post changes icon is the checkmark on the tool bar.

Let us about what you mean about inserting the buyer's name and address into the template?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady

DEALS2000
(newbie)
08/25/07 06:19 PM
Re: Insert Invoice Field question? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Garry is correct. I go to
Email Template Editor I position the cursor where I want the buyers first name in the Invoice header section, I then used the drop down and select Buyers first name it inserts this
<#BuyerFirstName>

I save it and do a preview and it works there.

But when I'm ready to print invoices and go to Tasks | Print shipping labels and Invoices" on the menu bar I select
this same Email template to send I get an error and the Buyers first name is not included in the email.

I hope that is clear. I have other fields that are showing the proper information.

And yes the buyers name is on the Buyer tab of the invoice.

Thanks,

Steve

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/25/07 06:44 PM

Steve,

Sorry, I am following you now Maybe I needed another glass of ice tea

Are you using a different email template other than the one you selected as the default for a shipping notice in the Auction profile when you get to the Shipping notice and Invoice grid?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

DEALS2000
(newbie)
08/26/07 02:01 PM
Re: Insert Invoice Field question? new [re: bluepennylady]  

I will check that.

Thanks,

Steve

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/26/07 02:09 PM

Steve,

Let me know what you find. I will be around for a while.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads