General
   >> Inventory Items
Thread views: 8560 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

moonstruck22
(member)
09/28/07 12:16 PM
Inventory and shipping definitions  

Some where not to long ago a statement was made on the board concerning not defining shipping within the inventory screen. I can't seem to find it again so that I can clarify it!

What is the thinking with this?

The reason I ask is because I HAVE been defining shipping terms in the INV window, and sometimes after I create an auction lot and try to list I get the API error about shipping terms being wrong. Some times I don't get an error.
Wondered if the problem lies here?
Any suggestions?

Marty
Visit my webpage!
Moonstruckacres.biz

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/28/07 12:24 PM
Re: Inventory and shipping definitions new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

First Congratulations!! your signature works. Opens up to your website. Cool!!

You can most definitely define shipping options in the Inventory Items. What the post was referring to is if you have a default shipping option set up on your Auction profile, then for the things that fit inside that shipping option, you do not need to define shipping options.

For example, my default shipping option is set up for 13 ounce First Class shipping. Anything that is in the First Class range, we set no Shipping option definitions on the Inventory Item. Because when an Auction lot is created, AW2K will see no shipping options and pull the options from the Auction profile.

When you receive the error do you go back and correct anything on the Auction lot, shipping option related?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

moonstruck22
(member)
09/28/07 12:31 PM
Re: Inventory and shipping definitions new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy,

Yeah it finally works the little bugger had me going for a while!

Ok, now I understand the logic behind the shipping terms, thanks!

I have gone back to the lot and most the time it has all pertinent info and a couple of times I didn't change anything and retried and it worked. Other times I "acted" like I changed some thing, put it back as it was posted the changes and it listed. I don't know one of those on again off again bugs and it isn't the whole queued list that errors and they usually are all created the same.

If it happens again I will elaborate more!

Marty
Visit my webpage!
Moonstruckacres.biz

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/28/07 12:37 PM
Re: Inventory and shipping definitions new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

If it does happen again, save the Listinglog file. I would be most curious to see what generates the error message. Usually it is a missing field value when the shipping error appears. Are you sure the weights match the shipping options offered?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads