General
   >> Inventory Items
Thread views: 9613 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

moonstruck22
(member)
09/30/07 09:42 PM
Inventory Subcatagories  

Is there a way to use subcatagories within the Inventory Catagory field?

If not any creative work arounds?

Just wondering, would make my way of organizing a little easier if subs were available!

Marty
Visit my webpage!
Moonstruckacres.biz

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/01/07 05:23 AM
Re: Inventory Subcatagories new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

there isn't a way to actually have sub-categories. I did make up some but you have to group them all together when you do it because Inv categories cannot be "Move up" or "Move down" I know there is a suggestion to add "Move up" and "Move down" to the Inv categories

I did mine like this:
Jewelry
Jewelry-bracelets
Jewelry-earrings
Jewelry-other
Jewelry-necklaces
Jewelry-pins
Jewelry-rings

These are all together in the Inv category list because I added them all at the same time. Anything else that I might add will be at the bottom of the list, that is until the ability to Move up or Move down is added.

I hope that helps a bit.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

moonstruck22
(member)
10/01/07 06:50 AM
Re: Inventory Subcatagories new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy,
That's kinda what I thought, but thought maybe I was missing something!
The "move" option sure would be nice.
What happens if you delete a catagory? I know I could try but I figured you already did!

Marty
Visit my webpage!
Moonstruckacres.biz

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/01/07 07:26 AM

Marty,

Well let me tell you what happens if you delete an "Inv. category" if there are still Stock Inventory Items in your database.

That field becomes blank. And if you try to search by the Inv category there will be no matching records. Oh yeah and if you have a ton of stuff in your database, well it can be quite the challenge to find the missing items.

It is not advisable to delete an Inv.category until you are certain you have assigned new Inv. categories to everything prior to deleting.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

moonstruck22
(member)
10/01/07 06:05 PM
Re: Inventory Subcatagories new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy,

See I told you that you would know, and I won't ask why you know!
But something tells me that you went down that road before!!

Now here's another question, is there a way to batch assign inventory catagories?
No I didn't already delete any catagories!!!
But I have a number of items that I didn't assign to a cat. before I realized how helpful it would be to have a cat.

Oh well, never mind - For all those wanting to know, just highlight the items you want and right click, select change inv. cat. to, and click!
Its been another long day but don't you just love it when the light bulb goes off or at least find out it still works!

Thanks as always for you help!

Marty
Visit my webpage!
Moonstruckacres.biz

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/01/07 06:14 PM

Marty,

At least the light bulb comes on. I have had days not only did the light bulb not come on, I could not find the light bulb

Glad you found the answer to your question about the Inv. Categories. Cool isn't it.

Nope you don't want to know how I know about the Inv. category thing. I am telling you, if it can be broke, pushed, poked prodded or otherwise messed with, I have done it

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads