General
   >> Invoices
Thread views: 7734 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

gamma
(stranger )
02/22/04 08:25 PM
Changing initial Invoice # from 1000  

Hi!

This is my first post here, I just began using aw2k. this is probably not going to be my last question... beware :)

the first issue I ran into is this: I have used to make my own invoices before aw2k, with my own forms. coincidently, I started numbering them at 1000 also. I am now at invoice 1100 or a bit more.
my problem is that I don't want the aw2k-generated invoices to have the same numbers as my old invoices - so I want the aw2k invoice numbers to start at 1100 or so.
anyone knows how this can be done? maybe it's in some INI file value? (if there is an INI file, anyway...). I didn't find the option in the obvious (to me) place, in the program options-->invoices menu.

thanks for any answer you may have,
Guy.

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
02/23/04 12:54 PM
Re: Changing initial Invoice # from 1000 new [re: gamma]  

There isn't a way to change the starting number of the Invoices in Auction Wizard 2000. Invoice numbers are always generated sequentially starting from 1000.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

gamma
(stranger )
02/24/04 03:47 PM
Re: Changing initial Invoice # from 1000 new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Well, since it's impossible to change the initial #, I'm going to generate about 100 "bogus" invoices in order to "sync" with the invoice #'s I used outside of AW2K...
What is the best and easiest to do that without affecting the database I'll eventually have? for example, obviously they will be invoices for 0$ each, so they won't total to anything in the Ledger.
any other considerations / effects such 100 Invoices will cause? do I also have to have an inventory item for every invoice, which woud mean I have to create a bogus iventory item too?

thanks,
Guy.

CSPtrader
(newbie)
02/27/04 11:48 AM
Re: Changing initial Invoice # from 1000 new [re: gamma]  

Just adding, then deleting invoices will cause the number to increment, without keeping anything around (that I can find!)

Though to add an invoice, you will have to select (or create) a dummy buyer each time that you create a new invoice.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads