Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 58102 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(addict)
04/01/08 12:10 PM
Re: Noooooooo! Not again!!! new [re: bluepennylady]  

Just an update on the power-surge thing.

At our request, the local power company installed a device to record how much voltage is being supplied to our house on an hour-to-hour basis. Two weeks later, they faxed the chart, although it covered only about 24 hours. I contacted the engineer, and he said it looked ok -- a few minor surges, but nothing that wouldn't be considered normal and nothing that would cause electronic devices to react badly. Ok...but what else is he going to say? "We are responsible for your power surges, as you can plainly see in the print-out, and we're sorry, but we caused your hard drives to crash." Bureaucrats never take blame. Obviously, I'd need a third party to examine the chart -- I see jumps, surges, whatever, but I don't have a clue about their meaning.

Oh well, my new computer is working fine, and I'm letting myself be lulled into a sense of invulnerability. However, I do have AW set to back up every other day now.

Sue

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/01/08 02:43 PM
Re: Noooooooo! Not again!!! new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

You know it must be something with the Power companies. Our Power company gave our youngest twin son and his wife just about the same run around. And they have that surge protector thing on the house which is suppose to protect. AND if something gets through it then the Power company is suppose to purchase new equipment for the resident. Computer, Microwave, TV whatever. but they have yet to do it..

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads