Listing
   >> General
Thread views: 8271 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/20/07 11:40 AM
USPS Postal Changes  

Hi, all!

I know everyone is talking about all the changes coming down the pike from USPS. Some are going to be really good. Other changes, well, if you have been shipping for a long time, it is going to take a while to get use to all the new rates, rules, etc.

Here is a link to the PDF file from the USPS containing all information.
http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/bulletin/2007/pb22203a.pdf

If you have questions, like I did, post them. So any of us that have answers (or more questions) will have a place to gather information for managing our auction shipping issues.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/30/07 08:39 AM
Re: USPS Postal Changes new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi, All,

I have had numerous emails asking about updating Shipping options after all the USPS changes.

I thought I would let you all know what I have discovered. I have tried the "Mass Listing Editor" which eBay is encouraging all sellers to use to update their auctions. Although, there is quite a few things you can do with it, updating all the available shipping options is not one of them. Maybe eBay will make a change to the "Mass Listing Editor" but currently this is what you can do with it:

Edit Sub-Title, Title, Qty, Condition, Store categories, Only add to the item description.

The Selling price can be changed including the Reserve, Buy Now and Best Offer.

You can enable or disable offering Paypal as a payment method. Nothing else.

Domestic shipping. You can edit the Flat ship cost on the first service offered only. And add or change the handling cost for calculated shipping. No International options.

You can edit the Domestic handling time, Add the Get It fast and change the Shipping Discount offered.

Of course all the bells and whistles are available for upgrading. Gallery, Gallery Plus, Bold, Border, Highlight, Featured Plus and Home Page Featured.

You can add the Inventory Custom Labels.

Hope this helps you all. Happy selling!!

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/01/07 07:23 PM

Hi,

eBay announced today how they are going to handle seller's who are using Multiple listing Good til cancelled listings. eBay is offering relist credits for those sellers from May 7th to May 13th who need to end auctions and revise the shipping options. There are rules that apply.

Basically, the auction must have had at least one bid (which means you can't revise the auction any longer)
The auction must have specified shipping options which are affected by the USPS changes.
The Listing must be ended, edited and relisted during the defined time period.

Here is the link to the announcement:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200705.shtml#2007-05-01092138

And here is the link where all the criteria is outlined:

http://pages.ebay.com/storesrelistingcredit/

Happy selling!

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/01/07 08:10 PM

Hi,

Another important factor sellers need to know. Auctions listed from May 2 and forward, all prospective buyers will see the new rates when they check for shipping charges using the calculator. At the checkout level, the old rates will appear until May 10 as most sellers will ship packages prior to the May 14 deadline. Anything checked out after May 10, the eBay check out will display the new rates.

Here is a copy of the FAQ's:

Q. Why will the Shipping Calculator display the new rates early, when the rate change doesn't actually happen until May 14?
A. The rates will be updated early in the Shipping Calculator so that listings likely to close, be paid for and ship after the rate change display the correct rate.

Your potential buyers will see the new calculated rates in the listings for items likely to end on or after May 10. Keep in mind that:
7-day and 10-day listings created after May 2 will show the new rates
3-day listings created after May 6 will show the new rates

Q. If a buyer uses Buy It Now to purchase one of my items that is otherwise expected to end after May 10, what postage rate will the buyer pay under Calculated Shipping?
A. For U.S. items expected to end after May 10, the new rates will appear in item listings starting May 3, and the new rates will be charged during checkout starting May 10.

If the items sells earlier than expected (e.g., before May 10), the old rates will display during checkout. This is because 1) the rates will not have changed in checkout yet, and 2) most items that close before May 10 will clear payment and ship before May 14.

The URL link to the FAQ's is:

http://pages.ebay.com/shippingfaq/#newrate5

Too much information, isn't it! We will all need Excedrin before we are done

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads