General
   >> Websites
Thread views: 7874 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
10/23/03 00:47 AM
How? not auto delete item at auction end  

I want to set it up so that the only only website items that are removed are the items that are actually sold. That way any unsold items will remain on my website until I decide to remove them.

The other question is how can I creat a site with AW2000 that is like a shopping cart. I am getting ready to discontinue my Ebay store and set up a store on my website.

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
10/23/03 11:12 AM
Re: How? not auto delete item at auction end new [re: Anonymous]  

Only Auction Lots that have a Status of "Queued For Listing" or "On Line" can appear on a website. If you want unsold Auction Lots to remain on a website after their listings close, then you need to queue them for listing or relist them before you update your website.

Auction Wizard 2000 generated websites do not currently support shopping carts. Support for shopping carts is on our suggestion list.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

funnytyger
(Unregistered)
10/24/03 05:31 AM
Re: How? not auto delete item at auction end new [re: AuctionWizard]  

If I mark them as "queued for listing" then they will try to re-list themselves the next time that I list a batch of auctions. If I mark them as on-line then the program will automatically change thier status to off line the next time that I update all of my auctions.

Could I create a new profile that would hold just old the leftover ones, then I could be mark them as on-line ( I would just be sure to not update that profile)? Can completed/unsold auctions be moved from one profile to another? Can you create a profile that does not have a corresponding ebay id? Can 2 different profiles lead to my same website?

Tradeguy
(member)
10/24/03 12:44 PM
Re: How? not auto delete item at auction end new [re: funnytyger]  

I've done a few of these things....

1 - You can change profiles of existing auction lots, and you can update only specific auction lots
2 - You can create auction profiles without valid ebay ID's (I have a profile I use for my web store)
3 - Different profiles can point to the same website.

I actually use AW2K to generate my entire website (all except for the controlling frames). My solution was to simply make a copy of AW2K in a different directory - then I never worry about the live auctions messing up my store. I also delete the datestamp.html file each time so AW2K never deletes any of my images (aw2k tracks how old files are with this file). Not an elegant solution, but it acomplished what I needed.

Rich
www.e-pins.com

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads