General
   >> Websites
Thread views: 8499 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Francis Martin
(Unregistered)
09/17/03 02:27 PM
AW2K Stuffing AW2K in URL  

Under File/Configure Websites/Website URL AW2K is stuffing a directory called AW2K into the URL. When I upload my website AW2K creates the directory and stuffs the files into it. This is not good. My provider is very picky and will only allow webpages in a directory called pub_html. Any files outside of this directory, whether sub-directory or not simply are not displayed. I have to manually transfer the files to this "valid" directory in order for the website to display. Is there a way to keep AW2K from sending files to places I would rather they not go?

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
09/17/03 05:24 PM
Re: AW2K Stuffing AW2K in URL new [re: Francis Martin]  

Auction Wizard 2000 creates a directory on your web space named "aw2k". All files uploaded to your web space by Auction Wizard 2000 are stored in the "aw2k" directory. This includes the images that appear in your listings as well as the web pages for any websites generated by the program. The program needs the "aw2k" directory to keep its files separated from all other files on your web space.

If your web space provider only allows web pages in the "public_html" directory, then you will have to manually move the web page files generated by Auction Wizard 2000. The only other option is to use a different web space provider.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Tradeguy
(member)
09/18/03 05:29 PM
Re: AW2K Stuffing AW2K in URL new [re: Francis Martin]  

Have you tried putting the aw2k in the web path?

Usually the public_html directory isn't actually used in the pathing - it's the default "root" of your domain - so if your domain was "www.sellstuff.com", and you wanted to load a file called "catalog.htm", you would just go to www.sellstuff.com/catalog.htm. Similarly, if you need to get to a file in the aw2k directory, you can type: www.sellstuff.com/aw2k/catalog.htm

My isp also uses the same directory conventions, and what I do is simply point to my web catalog from my main webpage. My pages at www.e-pins.com use aw2k for it's catalog - but my main page is in the public_html directory - I just path to the other pages.

Hope that helps
Rich

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads