General
   >> Websites
Thread views: 8617 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

urbanprospector
(stranger )
06/06/04 04:06 PM
I can't figure out webspace  

I've been through the help section on the program and the discussion boards and I can't figure out how to upload my auction listings to a webspace.
when I "queue for listing" I dont get a box that asks me if I want my lots included in webspace.
I have configured the webspace and the ftp site is working. On the ftp site there is an aw2k folder.

On program options, user defined webspace, I added the url.
on the html template manager, when I go to the thumbnail template that I have selected, I can't preview any lots.

I want the website to show only the current listed lots and I am trying to get the thumbnail page up first and not the lot page.

when I go to the update website the form is blank, which I would expect because I haven't been able to add the listings to a website.

the problem seems to be that I can't access the popup menu for webspace when I select the queue for listing, either from the menu or on my listing page. Any ideas?

Tradeguy
(member)
06/08/04 07:58 AM
Re: I can't figure out webspace new [re: urbanprospector]  

The webspace isn't configured under "program options - user defined websites" - that option merely adds links to the "tool" menu. You need to use the "File - Configure Websites".

You're not getting the option to include your lots on the website because you don't have any websites configured.

Hope that helps!
Rich

urbanprospector
(stranger )
06/08/04 10:27 AM
Re: I can't figure out webspace new [re: Tradeguy]  

Hi tradeguy.
Thanks for your response. I think I’m making some progress. When I go to File – Configure Webspace – the info I entered seems to be ok, so I don’t think that was the problem. Now when I go into the template manager and open my thumbnail template I can preview a listing, which I couldn’t do before. Also, after I’ve listed an item I get the screen asking if I want to update my website. It’s a blank screen so even when I say to upload all, nothing happens, because there are no entries there. I wasn’t getting this screen before. I have to figure out how to get my listings included on this list. I think if I could figure out how to open the screen that is supposed to come after I select queue for listing, so I could select my template and include the listing, it would work. Linda

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads