General
   >> Websites
Thread views: 29065 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
malaki86
(stranger )
09/06/02 03:54 PM
Add "Listing Date"  

I'd like to see the ability to add a field on the thumbnails which would show the date a listing is Queued to be sent in for listing.

This would make it great for the "Coming Up" thumbnail page so that the buyers would see when something is going to be available.

Dennis

lindanorby
(stranger )
05/06/07 08:48 AM
Re: Add "Listing Date" new [re: malaki86]  

I know this post is old - 2002. I'm wondering though if this issue was ever addressed. I'd like to see an option for adding the listing date to the web site templates. Thanks.

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/06/07 10:42 AM
Re: Add "Listing Date" new [re: lindanorby]  

Hi,

do you mean on the website thumbnail template having the date the auction will be going online live??

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(stranger )
05/06/07 01:40 PM
Re: Add "Listing Date" new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy, I think my reply to you might not have gone through...

But, yes, you're right. That's what I'm looking for. A way to insert the listing date field into the web site template so that it doesn't have to be keyed in manually through the auction listing template. The reason is I post all my scheduled auctions to my web site and thought it'd be nice if the date the auction is going on-line could also display. Thanks.

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/06/07 02:21 PM

Linda,

Off the top of my head without editing a template, I can't say. My gut tells me since you can use Field tags in HTML templates, you should be able to convert a template to HTML and then insert the appropriate field tag.

I do not know if that is doable or not. But I will try it I am the most curious person

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(stranger )
05/06/07 02:24 PM

Hey Judy...am anxious to know what you find out. Since I'm not an html expert (or even novice), would I be able to insert a html component in the regular templates or would it have to be in a template that is 100% html? Sorry for so many questions - the more I look at things, the more I realize how little I know.

Thanks again,

Linda

bluepennylady
(old hand)
05/06/07 02:30 PM

Linda

The template would need to be converted to Pure HTML and the field tags inserted in the HTML code.

I haven't tried it but I will and see what I can come up with. but I will have to try it much later today. My colt got hurt----again. Second time in a week. Last Saturday he fell and I thought he had broke his ankle. It isn't. But he has been up in a paddock. Yesterday exceeded his threshold of being couped up. And before I could get back home from work to let him out for exercise, he took a cattle panel out. Well the cattle panel took him out. Cut his back leg really bad. It needs stitches but it is in a place where stitches won't hold. So my daughte in law (whose a vet tech) and I are off to the barn to pressure bandage it again so it will heal right. I am so glad I don'thave a weak stomach.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/07/07 10:58 AM

Linda,

Don't fret about asking questions. That is the only way any of us ever learn is to ask. And I am the world's leader for asking questions. I ask, and ask and ask until I figure it out :o)

Well, adding the Start date of an Auction is not doable. I tried it, couldn't get it done so I emailed AW2000 tech and asked about it. That particular field tag isn't available to add. And it doesn't appear it can be coded in even using the HTML.

If anything comes up, I'll let you know

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(stranger )
05/08/07 11:21 AM

Judy, I'm annoyed but I'm not sure if it's with me or with the AW template. I had a bright idea that since the option to insert a user defined field is available, all I had to do was key in the auction start date in either user field 1, 2 or 3 (4 and 5 are reserved for numbers). Then I could insert the field into the template. Well, that didn't work. It completely ignores that field. Come to think of it, I don't know if it would make any difference if I could do it that way because I'm not sure it would show up in the web site lots...it'd have to be in the description part, I guess.

Sigh.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/08/07 11:27 AM

Linda,

What do you mean it completely ignores the User defined field? And what template are you using? Are you in your Listing template? Or in the website thumbnail template?

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads