General
   >> Email
Thread views: 54166 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/09/08 05:35 AM
Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered [re: savoynyc]  

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Let me see if I can help clear up some of the issues you have brought up. I am sorry you sales have been problematic. But the issues are not an Aw2000 problem but rather buyer's not maintaining current records at eBay.. OR the buyer's email filter/junk mail settings (and they probably don't know how to change them either )

First the email filtering is not in any manner unique to AW2000 and its email module. It is rather people's email filter settings. Seller's using Seller's Manager Pro, Turbo Lister, BlackThorne, Channel Advisor, Kyosou, etc all experience the exact same thing happening to their emails. I dare say that you have a filter on your email which filters email. That filter has probably caught emails before which you really didn't want to go in there. and you probably didn't catch the email the first day. Or sometimes see it at all.

Emails bouncing have nothing to do at all with AW2K. The buyer had not updated their email record at eBay. So at the conclusion of the Auction, you were supplied with a bad email address. When that happens to us, we print off the "Returned email" message, hand write on the message a brief note telling our buyer we could not communicate with them, suggesting they update their information and stick the note in their package.

I do not use "My Messages" to communicate with my buyers. I solely use AW2000 software, email as well. It is inefficient to log into eBay, go to My Messages to communicate. The notes in packages does help. Most sellers do include those type notes in their packages along with Thank you notes, packing slips with the seller's email address on it, etc. Other sellers using other software, including eBay's own tools, are facing the exact same issue. And seller's on other sites face the same email issues. It is a fact of the Internet email world. Not the auction management tool.

The image upload is not AW2000 but your computer security settings or your webspace provider. You need to run the FTP test and see if it passes. My first instinct tells me you have an Internet security firewall like Norton or McAfee running and you have not added AW2000 to the exceptions/allowed. Or you have not configured the Windows firewall for AW2000 in the exceptions tab. So run the FTP test, If it hangs up, send the FTPlog.txt to AW2000 tech support at info@auctionwizard2000.com

But I can tell you the AW2000 image upload utility works great when properly configured. I upload hundreds of images at one time sometimes several times a day without a hitch. Be sure your webspace is still compatible too. Some of the providers like comcast has made changes that shut down most users here a few months ago. Your internet connection could also have a problem like a proxy server which is a pain in the neck. I am on Embarq, and they changed to proxy servers a few months ago.. What a total pain in the neck to get around the proxy server. I can't hardly publish my company website even using WS_FTP. It times out.

The issues you are describing have nothing to do with the functionality of AW2000 but rather email use in general and your webspace provider and internet connection.

With the recent changes to the Shipping carrier and cost requirements on eBay, it is a rarity you should have to actually invoice a buyer. As the buyer's simply go through the eBay checkout immediately after they win the Auction(s).

Here is what we do when we have a buyer send us the "Please send me total amount due" notices for a combined shipping discount. We associate the email in AW2000 and extract the buyer's name/addresses into their Invoice.. I have an email template for notifying the buyer we will return an Invoice later that day, thanking them, etc, etc. When we hit the "reply with template" button, we alter the subject line slightly and include their Invoice number in the subject line. It is an extreme rarity the buyer does not receive that email.

When we Invoice them from AW2K, we send out two.. One as a reply to the "Please send me total amount due" email and a stand alone Invoice (follow up with total due). We tell them we are sending them two just to be sure they receive it. And the buyers use the Paypal link we have inserted in our Invoices to pay. We do not send out two if the buyer has emailed us directly. Meaning the buyer simply created an email message in their email client instead of using My Messages. If that is the case, easy as pie because since they have emailed me, I know my emails will go to them. And using the "Ask me a question" link in my listing template has helped immensely.

You might consider adding an "Ask me" hyperlink in your Listing template. You can add it in the "footer" area.. Currently eBay is allowing the "Ask me a question" hyperlinks in listings. It works very very well as the buyers will use that link far more than the "Ask seller a question" because of all the hoops the buyer has to jump through to use it.. Pick a subject, type in the letters, etc etc.

So you might consider when the buyer emails requesting an Invoice, to send your AW2000 out as a reply to the buyer email. That is what we do and it works very well.

So rather than giving up on the best Auction management software program available, let's see if we can't get you all fixed up and running smoothly again.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  leeflang10/09/07 09:19 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  savoynyc09/08/08 10:43 PM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  leeflang09/09/08 05:37 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady09/09/08 06:01 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  leeflang09/09/08 06:48 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady09/09/08 07:08 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  leeflang09/09/08 08:00 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady09/09/08 08:33 AM
..Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady09/09/08 05:35 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady10/09/07 12:05 PM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  leeflang09/09/08 05:43 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady09/09/08 06:05 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  leeflang09/09/08 06:55 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady09/09/08 07:42 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  AquilaStamps10/09/07 12:21 PM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady10/09/07 12:29 PM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  AquilaStamps10/09/07 12:50 PM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady10/09/07 03:17 PM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  AquilaStamps10/09/07 05:58 PM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady10/10/07 05:48 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  AquilaStamps10/10/07 06:12 AM
.*Re: Help - 50% of my outgoing AW email filtered  bluepennylady10/10/07 06:16 AM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads