Configuration
   >> Email Templates
Thread views: 14793 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

Ned
(journeyman)
05/28/07 12:14 PM
How is a template associated with an email acct?  

I have several email accounts that AW monitors. Some are intended only for receiving, some for sending/receiving. eBay sends all messages, including end-of-auction, to "ebay@stu-drills.com". PayPal payments come in on--you guessed it--"paypal@stu-drills.com". And then there's my general sales address, "sales@stu-drills.com".

OK, so I'm constructing an email template to handle merged invoices (combining shipments). Template works just fine, but then I notice that the From field is ebay@stu-drills.com. Whoops. Want that to be "sales" instead. Uh-oh. The From field is gray and unchangeable. Could not find any way to change the From address.

I won't detail everything I tried, but in my last attempt, I went to File/Email Accounts and moved sales above ebay, restarted AW2K, created a NEW invoice mail template, and still the preview shows it as From ebay.

Wait a minute. You have to choose an invoice to do the preview. And each invoice is associated with an Auction Profile. Part of the AP is an email address. Maybe that's controlling it.

So I make a new Auction profile, with an email address of "sales@stu-drills.com". And I create a new manual invoice. And I create a new template. And when I preview it, it still says "ebay" not "sales".

What do I have to do to control the From field of email templates?

Ned

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
.How is a template associated with an email acct?  Ned05/28/07 12:14 PM
.*Re: How is a template associated with an email acc  Ned05/28/07 12:34 PM
.*Re: How is a template associated with an email acc  bluepennylady05/28/07 12:48 PM
.*Re: How is a template associated with an email acc  Ned05/28/07 01:06 PM
.*Re: How is a template associated with an email acc  bluepennylady05/28/07 02:35 PM
.*Re: How is a template associated with an email acc  Ned05/28/07 02:51 PM
.*Re: How is a template associated with an email acc  bluepennylady05/28/07 03:44 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads