Configuration
   >> FTP Accounts
Thread views: 12637 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/21/06 10:33 AM
Re: Go Daddy FTP help needed [re: GMhouse]  

Gary,

When AW2K uploads images, it writes the URL which includes the FTP server where your images are hosted. It is better to move auctions as you list them. So all the auctions that are currently listed, leave at the old FTP account. And as you list, upload the images to your Go Daddy account.

If that is not an option, we can fix the image problem. It will take some time but it can be fixed. Let's get your Go Daddy FTP account working first. I presume you have configured the FTP Go Daddy account in the AW2K FTP accounts and are receiving the error message when using the "Test FTP settings?"

What is your remote directory set to? "public_html"? Or did Go Daddy provide you with a different remote directory setting?

The user name is your login name to access your FTP account. Go Daddy should have supplied you with your user name. The password is the password to access your FTP account. Be sure the password is entered in correctly.

Your HTTP address should read something along the lines of: http://godaddyservername.godaddy.com/yourusername or something similar. Go Daddy will have to tell you the server where your FTP account is located. And they should supply you with the HTTP address as well.

Have you checked to be sure Go Daddy is compatible with AW2K? I don't know if it is or not. That is something you would need to ask Thom about. If you have not asked, just to be sure, I would email him at info@auctionwizard2000.com

Judy/blue

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Go Daddy FTP help needed  GMhouse10/21/06 10:10 AM
..Re: Go Daddy FTP help needed  bluepennylady10/21/06 10:33 AM
.*Re: Go Daddy FTP help needed  GMhouse10/21/06 12:32 PM
.*Re: Go Daddy FTP help needed  bluepennylady10/21/06 12:45 PM
.*Re: Go Daddy FTP help needed  alsorts10/22/06 09:23 AM
.*Re: Go Daddy FTP help needed  bluepennylady10/22/06 11:54 AM
.*Re: Go Daddy FTP help needed  GMhouse10/29/06 04:39 PM
.*Re: Go Daddy FTP help needed  bluepennylady10/29/06 05:27 PM
Jump to