General
   >> Auction Lots
Thread views: 12167 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

substance292
(newbie)
06/14/06 06:36 AM
Dutch Auctions  

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone out there has experience with dutch auctions? I was wondering about updating when there are sales. How does AW handle it when there are some sales before the auctions ends? Thanks for any info - Cher

bluepennylady
(newbie)
06/15/06 00:03 AM
Re: Dutch Auctions new [re: substance292]  

Hi, Cher,

I have not ran Dutch Auctions in a very long time. But if memory serves me correctly, and if I am incorrect someone jump in here, the Dutch Auctions do not end early. Meaning the buyers cannot use an option such as Buy It Now. Dutch Auctions winning bids go to the lowest price and the buyer submits how many of a particular item they want. So when you update that particular auction lot, Aw2000 will retrieve the winning bidder information along with the qty won.

Hope that helps a bit.

Judy/blue

substance292
(newbie)
06/15/06 00:26 AM
Re: Dutch Auctions new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thank you Judy, I think I understand what you are talking about. I guess I was wrong in my question then. What I am proposing is listing a quantity more than one & with a BIN. But if AW updates Dutch auctions as you say I'm sure it will do the same for mine. Thanks so much for all your help and wisdom here on the board. - Cher

bluepennylady
(newbie)
06/15/06 00:36 AM

Hi,

Oh if you are asking about BIN or MIM auctions, that is super easy. I deal with those on an hourly basis.

All you do is update a particular auction lot when something sells. AW2000 retrieves the buyer information and the qty they won. That information is copied into the Invoice when the invoice is generated. And the qty sold is subtracted from the Committed qty in the Inventory Items window. The original qty offered on the Auction lot does not change. You can check the Inventory Item window to see how many of that particular item remain on that Auction lot.

Hope that helps a bit more. If not, just ask and I'll see if I can do a better job of explaining

Judy/blue

substance292
(newbie)
06/15/06 00:51 AM
Re: Dutch Auctions new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy, that certainly makes it a lot clearer. I was wondering if I have to have inventory items for this or if I can just make an auction lot and set the quantity higher? - Cher

bluepennylady
(newbie)
06/15/06 06:51 AM

Cher,

You can simply create Auction lots. However, keep in mind that there are reports that will be unavailable if you do not have an Inventory Items.

I create Inventory Items for every single item. Even if there is only 1 item. I tried creating Auction lots in the very beginning, way back when :o) But management was not as thorough or as easy without the Inventory Items. If you use the Inventory Items window for Inventory management, you have the ability to enter in out of season products prior to the season and be ready to list. Instead of creating Auction lots that just sit and have to be scrolled through. I highly recommend using the Inventory Items. But that is my opinion. There are other Aw2K users that do not ever use the Inventory Items. I will have to say, the Inventory Items window is a very effective and efficient Inventory management tool.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads