Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 19814 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/24/07 08:48 PM
New Widget for eBay new  

Hi all,

Well now some of you probably already know about this but I am going to say something anyway. There is just the neatest little gismo you can create to put on your website that advertises your eBay auctions. And the little doodad is completely free. It is called a Widget.

The thing can be customized down to the colot. Add all sorts of little features to it. It is a box that has a slideshow of all your current auctions.

Go to http://www.cooqy.com and look at the Widget. There is a Widget Wizard. One for eBay sellers and another for eBay Power Sellers. I put one on my website on the eBay Auctions page. It is just too cool.

I am thinking of adding one to my AW2000 listing template. It would be real easy since the capability for HTML listing templates now exists.

Anyway, check it out. Pretty cool!

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
01/25/07 08:10 PM
Re: New Widget for eBay new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:
The widget was on a list of eBay items a while ago and I tried it. I wasn't too pleased with it so dropped it. Went back because of your recommendation and it's all NEW and different and so much better. It's really great. Got it running now. And it is so much easier to do it now too - they walk you through every single step with adequate help files just in case. THey really have improved the widget and the look and feel is really professional. The price is really good LOL and I think there are lots of positives to the whole concept. There was something else like this for a while but they folded. This one is lots better 'cause you can change views and even customize the colors. The one they let you work on for your web site is as versitile and I've got a feeling it will be a great drawing card.

I'm so pleased you mentioned it because I don't think I would have gone back and given it a second look. As usual tonce again hanks for a great tip.

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/25/07 08:25 PM
Re: New Widget for eBay new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

Did you put it up on your website?? If you did I want to see it.

I am glad you like it. I thought is was pretty cool too and worth sharing with everyone. I hope others will give it a whirl and let us know how it works for them.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
01/25/07 09:43 PM

Judy:
My first attempt at the new version of the widget can be seen at http://www.aquilastamps.com.

There is a note at the bottom saying the "user" me - needs to make changes. So I went back in and made changes to get the new html code however still getting the notice. Guess they haven't implimented the new HTML stuff yet. Anyway, it looks pretty cool. Thinking of putting it on a page all by itself with other eBay links. Just working with different configurations now.

Hope it looks OK - let me know - I value your judgement and comments. Also I would appreciate anyone else jumping in with comments. The more feedback the better the end result.

Garyr

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
01/25/07 09:54 PM

Judy:
Forgot to tell you. I also put it on ONE auction - you can see it at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330080828175

Think I'm gonna revise it some make it slightly less complicated and not as deep

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/26/07 00:44 AM

Garry,

Oh I like it! That is exactly what I want to do, put it in my listings. I think it looks really good. I did notice the announcement along the bottom. I better get mine updated on my website. Then start working on my Listing template.

And plus, those are cool stamps from Israel.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
01/26/07 11:02 AM

Judy:
I went back in to redo the HTML on their site because of the announcement. However, when I did it all I got was a HUGE white square on the page. Something's up but I'm not sure what it is. If it keeps happening over the next few days I'll email them and see what's going on.

It is sure easy to integrate into the website or into eBay. Once you get all of your choices done and figured out (they allow you to customize a ton of stuff) you simply click a "done" button and then the HTML is ready and they even copy it to your clipboard for you no need to even mark and copy it. As usual with any HTML I pasted it into notepad before using it just to strip out unnecessary line feeds etc.

I think you will really like it - just one more bit of extra stuff to keep items in front of visitors. Also when you do the GoogleBase thingie - 'cause they take the whole page - that widget appears in your GoogleBase listening

Thanks for the comments on the stamps I do appreciate it - some of the stamps from Israel are really beautiful. :)

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/26/07 11:11 AM

Garry,

I use to collect stamps when I was a teen ager. My grandmother collected stamps and gave me hers. At the time, being a teen I did not realize how valuable some really are. I really need to find my collectors book. I have uncirculated stamps that I don't have any idea how old they are.

Well I will wait a day or two to re-do my Widget. I sure like the little dude. Thought it was pretty cute.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
01/26/07 08:30 PM

Judy:
You might be surprised at what you have in the collection after all these years. Also the stamps your Grandmother had may very well be something. It's so hard to tell - regardless of the value though you can have a whole lot of fun looking through them just to see what is there.

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/27/07 02:59 AM

Garry.

Sorry about being slow to respond. Man I just didn't feel good last night.

That is what I am wondering...if any stamps have worth or not. I think I will go to our building and look for the book. Who knows. I do remember there were a lot of stamps from Italy, France and Germany. Italy stands out in my mind because as I kid I always thought they were so unique looking.

Now where is that box that had my stamp book...

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads