Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 20868 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

AquilaStamps
(addict)
01/15/08 07:19 PM
Re: Paypal Payment Reversed! [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue:
Sadly you have learned that PayPal considers the buyer always right and forget the seller. All a buyer has to do is file with PayPal item not received and they get their money back. Also buyer's remorse with a Credit Card can get them their money back. If they paid PayPal with an eCheck (you should have been notified by PayPal that it was an eCheck) - they can cancel the check or the check could bounce with their bank. Usually it takes 2 business days for an eCheck to clear or Bounce.

Usually a customer simply has to file any type of dispute with eBay and they get their money back. Years ago I had a customer in Brazil and he claimed the items never arrived. I had delivery confirmation that he got it. He filed for his money back with eBay. All I got was a notification from PayPal that they had given the money back. There was no opportunity to tell them about the Delivery Confirmation or anything. If they file with eBay at least you have a chance to fight back and get your side heard.

I would suggest that if he doesn't pay you per your request thta you contact eBay with all of the emails between you and the customer and information on Delivery Confirmation if you have it. If he got his shipping back also there is now no incentive for him to return the items to you. Often in a dispute PayPal will tell the customer to return the mdse and when they have confirmation that the items were returned they give back the money. If you have a PayPal rep I would contact them and see what they can explain to you. If you don't have a rep. Get several cups of coffee a few snacks and a comfortable chair and call PayPal. Expect to be on hold forever. Don't give up - that's what they want I think - for someone to tire of being on hold and hang up. When you get a rep let's hope they are a good one and have all your ducks in a row and explain to the rep and maybe they can find out what's happening for you.

So sorry you had this happen - It's a real kick in the gut when all of a sudden they reach in and take YOUR money away. Keep us informed and hope this helped some.

Garry

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Paypal Payment Reversed!  tictictic_OnEbay01/15/08 02:47 PM
.*Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  bluepennylady01/15/08 07:30 PM
..Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  AquilaStamps01/15/08 07:19 PM
.*Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  tictictic_OnEbay01/15/08 09:08 PM
.*Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  AquilaStamps01/16/08 06:07 AM
.*Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  tictictic_OnEbay01/16/08 01:57 PM
.*Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  AquilaStamps01/16/08 03:44 PM
.*Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  tictictic_OnEbay01/16/08 09:48 PM
.*Re: Paypal Payment Reversed!  AquilaStamps01/17/08 03:14 AM