Configuration
   >> FTP Accounts
Thread views: 12595 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

GMhouse
(stranger )
10/21/06 10:10 AM
Go Daddy FTP help needed  

Just switched to Go Daddy for my web hosting and of course FTP image hosting. I cannot get the settings right. I keep getting "Unable to locate FTP server." I have even set up a SQL database which it seams to find then give me a "User name and/or password error" Any help would be appreciated!!!
I have no pictures in my auctions............

Gary

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/21/06 10:33 AM
Re: Go Daddy FTP help needed new [re: GMhouse]  

Gary,

When AW2K uploads images, it writes the URL which includes the FTP server where your images are hosted. It is better to move auctions as you list them. So all the auctions that are currently listed, leave at the old FTP account. And as you list, upload the images to your Go Daddy account.

If that is not an option, we can fix the image problem. It will take some time but it can be fixed. Let's get your Go Daddy FTP account working first. I presume you have configured the FTP Go Daddy account in the AW2K FTP accounts and are receiving the error message when using the "Test FTP settings?"

What is your remote directory set to? "public_html"? Or did Go Daddy provide you with a different remote directory setting?

The user name is your login name to access your FTP account. Go Daddy should have supplied you with your user name. The password is the password to access your FTP account. Be sure the password is entered in correctly.

Your HTTP address should read something along the lines of: http://godaddyservername.godaddy.com/yourusername or something similar. Go Daddy will have to tell you the server where your FTP account is located. And they should supply you with the HTTP address as well.

Have you checked to be sure Go Daddy is compatible with AW2K? I don't know if it is or not. That is something you would need to ask Thom about. If you have not asked, just to be sure, I would email him at info@auctionwizard2000.com

Judy/blue

GMhouse
(stranger )
10/21/06 12:32 PM
Re: Go Daddy FTP help needed new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy!

I switched host because I lost my access to my images and no one would help me. Now I wonder if it is AW that is the problem.

I presume you have configured the FTP Go Daddy account in the AW2K FTP accounts and are receiving the error message when using the "Test FTP settings?"
Yes to that question.

What is your remote directory set to?
Go Daddy doesn't require one.

Your HTTP address should read something
This is it: http://www.greatgoodiesbymail.com/

Have you checked to be sure Go Daddy is compatible with AW2K?
I emailed them yesterday, no answer yet.

I can't be the only one using GoDaddy?

Any other ideas??

Gary

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/21/06 12:45 PM

Gary,

I honestly don't know if any other AW2K users use Go Daddy or not. A whole raft of us use www.pair.com as they are dirt cheap and extremely reliable. Not one time in over 2 years have my Auction images been down. And I can't say that about my previous service.

What do you mean when you say "I lost access to my images"? Do you mean you could no longer access your account even by going to the provider and logging in? Or AW2K could no longer upload images to your FTP account?

The HTTP address does not look right to me. There is no directory.

To check for compatiblity you will need to email Auction Wizard Tech support. Thom can tell you if AW2K is compatible with Go Daddy.

I suggest you email him for assistance. Especially since your Auction images are now missing and without access to your FTP account, we can't correct the problem.
His email address is info@auctionwizard2000.com

Be sure to include the full text of the error messages.

Let me know what happens. I can help with getting the images back up but I am thinking Go Daddy might be an issue. So let's find out what Thom has to say. He can fix it.

Judy/blue

alsorts
(newbie)
10/22/06 09:23 AM

Gary,

Try these settings:
Ftp: ftp.greatgoodiesbymail.com
Ftp Port: 21
User Name: ????
Password: ????
Remote Directory: (Blank)
Http Address: http://greatgoodiesbymail.com/

I have godaddy as a provider and those are the setting I have. The SQL Database is useless to AW2K, everything is stored as individual files on your server.

Bob

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/22/06 11:54 AM
Re: Go Daddy FTP help needed new [re: alsorts]  

Bob,

Thanks for supplying that information. I figured someone had to be using Go Daddy but sure didn't know who. Thanks a bunch.

Judy/blue

GMhouse
(stranger )
10/29/06 04:39 PM

Man o man did that take forever to fix!!!!!!! Turns out it was 1Planhost ( my previous site host) holding up everthing. I had to transfer domain name and redirect etc, etc, etc.... Now it works. I had to end all my auctions. A clean start will not hurt anything but my pocket book. As far as my settings I actually had to use my I.P. address for my FTP host. But everything is a go!!

I just want to thank everyone for their help and really scream out loud about how AWESOME GoDaddy's support team was...

Gary

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/29/06 05:27 PM

Gary,

Cool. I am very glad you are up and running.

Tech support is just something you can't do without. Especially if there happens to be an issue that needs fixin'.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads