Listing
   >> eBay
Thread views: 10263 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

bluepennylady
(Carpal Tunnel)
11/19/08 01:26 PM
Re: Paperless pyments on eBay deadline [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

Here is the link to the post concerning eBay's announcement concerning any references to paper payments in descriptions and/or email communications;

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/August2008Update/OtherFAQ/index.html#3

The question is down about halfway. Here is the content of eBay's response.

What will happen if I ask a buyer to use a prohibited payment method?
Requesting prohibited payment methods from your customers either by email or in your item description is a violation of the new Accepted Payments Policy. Violations of this policy may result in:
Listing cancellation
Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings
Limits on account privileges
Loss of PowerSeller status
Account suspension

Here's the bottom line. We can take the risk of leaving references to checks, money orders and cashier check in our AW2K email templates. If a buyer decides to turn you in, all they have to do is forward a copy of your email to eBay and you are in trouble.

The two seminars I have attended concerning this particular policy have both re-iterated the same thing,,, if a buyer turns the seller in and sends a copy of the email to eBay, ebay will take action against that seller.

I am not saying I agree with eBay's paperless payment policy. I am saying I would rather comply than take the risk that one disgruntle buyer forward one of my emails to eBay. It simply is not worth the risk to me.

I can also tell you, there are not a handful of buyers on eBay who are aware this new policy is about to go into effect. So I have inserted a blurp about the policy in every single AW2K email template along with the link to the "Suggestion box". And the blurp encourages the buyer to let their opinion be known to eBay.

Not one single buyer who has taken the time to respond to me, has liked the policy. Even if they use Paypal or credit cards online, not a single buyer believes eBay has the right to force all buyers to use credit cards or Paypal.

The only way we as sellers will get anything changed is to use eBay's own processes. Participate in all their surveys, send in suggestions via the Suggestion box and email the staff/management in a non-emotional fact stating manner. And to get the buyers on-board with us. Hence my email campaign protest to the policy

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*Paperless pyments on eBay deadline  bluepennylady11/12/08 10:34 AM
.*Re: Paperless pyments on eBay deadline  Tradeguy11/13/08 03:31 AM
.*Re: Paperless pyments on eBay deadline  bluepennylady11/13/08 03:57 AM
.*Re: Paperless pyments on eBay deadline  moonstruck2211/13/08 07:45 PM
.*Re: Paperless pyments on eBay deadline  bluepennylady11/13/08 07:58 PM