Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 17376 Flat Mode*

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/19/08 08:05 PM
Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory [re: Nash]  

Nash,

Well yes Vendio does provide services along those lines to the tune of $29.95 per month, x per listing and 1.25% of the final value fee for each time sold. You pay the monthly rate as well as the x per listing regardless of what you sell.

I have seen and gone through Vendio's new software recently, (like just last week at a business conference). I was not impressed. Lots of errors. The inventory sheet is nothing but a glorified Excel spreadsheet which price points is populated by going to eBay and retrieving what similar product like it sold for recently. It doesn't work well unless you are logged online as everything is retrieved from Vendio or eBay. But they do offer a website service. I just can't think of a good reason to give the provider a cut of the final value fee or selling price in conjunction with subscription and a price per listing. Putting the pencil to it makes it very expensive.

The second thing you need to keep in mind is listing using a drop shipper although allowed on eBay does have restrictions and eBay is going to start cracking down and enforcing those restrictions and guidelines. Not that drop shipping is a bad thing,you just need to be aware of the rules concerning offering drop ship product on eBay. As the product is not in your hands and eBay does have rules about it.

Auction Wizard is an Auction management tool. Not an e-Commerce tool. However, there are some workarounds for uploading individual items for sale to your own website.

You can convert the website thumbnail templates to HTML and insert Paypal Buy Now buttons in the description field of items you want to offer on your website. Configure an Aw2000 website, add the hyperlinks on your website or navigation and use AW2K to upload to your website. When someone buys something, you have to manually change the Auction lot status to Sold not shipped, generate an INvoice and update the websites so the listing is pulled off your website (that is if you don't have anymore of that item, if you do have more, then you don't have to remove it) And then proceed with invoicing the customer as usual.

I know that business consultants tell sellers to stay away from Turbo Lister and Seller's manager Pro as they are not good tools for managing auctions or your business. Auctiva and Vendio users leave both software providers because of the cost, errors, lack of functionality, etc. I deal with them almost everyday. (and I talk to the folks at business conventions who just don't stay with them)

Now you can take an Excel spreadsheet inventory, save it as CSV, format the columns to the corresponding Inventory Items field and import into AW2K. I do it all the time. Meaning I can import the reference id, inventory category, Auction title line, Start price, item cost, reserve price, buy price, just not the images. Images are added later. I can even import descriptions if they are in the Excel spreadsheet.

Now from the Inventory items in AW2K after they are ready to create auction lots, you can go to the Grid view, highlight the Inventory items you want to create Auction lots for, right click, select your eBay store profile and click create auction lot. If you highlight 50 records, just wait and AW2K will create 50 auction lots,

Then all those Auction lots can be queued for listing in the Grid view at one time as well. Of course you already know how fast it is to list. It isn't hard to get 3000 or more listings running on eBay using AW2K. I've had well over 4000 running before no sweat.

I know I haven't given you all the information you asked about but at least there is something to start some dialog about

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/19/08 07:32 PM
..Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/19/08 08:05 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/19/08 08:55 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  mouse09/20/08 08:25 AM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/20/08 12:54 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/20/08 05:39 AM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/20/08 12:53 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/20/08 01:03 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/20/08 01:56 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/20/08 02:15 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads