Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 17324 Flat Mode*

Nash
(stranger )
09/20/08 12:53 PM
Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy,

I could be wrong about that 24 hour rule but someone mentioned to me that eBay will now require you to send a tracking number within 24 hours of payment. I had just heard that when I made this post and have not had a chance to research if it was true.
The pre-sale issue is a bit complex but the main company I use does have a very high fulfillment rate. I would have to tweak that as I went and would of course gradually add to the store and listings to make sure I did not get into trouble with this.

I did not mean to imply that they update their inventory that often. I was really more worried about when they did add or remove something how I would be able to compare what is in AW2K already and what was not. Do you think you could export your current inventory into a spreadsheet and do a comparison to the new one in Excel? Price changes are the thing that really concern me. It seems that my platform releases spreadsheets monthly that include; price changes, discontinues SKUs and new products.

I had made the assumption that the pictures were being hosted on their website. After closer examination of the HTML I found that the pictures are actually hosted on a similarly named domain that is completely separate. They are listed in a directory and stand alone similar to AW2k. Not sure why they have it set up like that. Why do you think they would move the pictures to a separate location?

“How do you know the other platform has a live inventory feed? They could be using an essex file or even RSS feeds to do that. That could be used. Save the essex or RSS feed back to you computer in a xml file then to a csv file and imported.” Great idea, I am going to investigate that immediately.

Does AW2K have the capability to “update Pre-Filled Item Information”? Or to compare imported data to existing data? Would I need to export the inventory in order to “compare” it?

Thanks for all your help! Nash

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/19/08 07:32 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/19/08 08:05 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/19/08 08:55 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  mouse09/20/08 08:25 AM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/20/08 12:54 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/20/08 05:39 AM
..Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/20/08 12:53 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/20/08 01:03 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/20/08 01:56 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/20/08 02:15 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads