Configuration
   >> Miscellaneous
Thread views: 17315 Flat Mode*

Nash
(stranger )
09/19/08 08:55 PM
Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory [re: bluepennylady]  

That is why I came to you Judy, I knew you would give me the whole scoop. Thank you.

I had a feeling Vendio was going to be the answer to that. I briefly looked at there prices last week and I was shocked. I was hoping they were not the guys I would need to do it LOL.

I experimented with AW2K a while back iimporting small amounts of data in CVS. There were three limitations that made me think it was not possible.
1. The pictures being seperate.
2. Although the spreadsheet for my ecommerce website inventory includes descriptions, they are not the full descriptions for some reason. Each product on the actual webpage has a more detailed more desirable description. This particular platform has a live inventory feed that I thought I might be able to get around that with somehow.
3. Not sure with AW2k how I would keep the inventory updated/managed. With thousands of products many are added and removed everyday and a new inventory spreadsheet is released.

The fact that the perfect auction listing with a nice picture(s) and description is just sitting there on my server is frustrating. There is one ebay seller in particular that I know is either tied into the live feed or using a service to do this. His auctions are exact duplicates of his website products. Exact HTML, everything, but like I said before the shopping cart is removed and in its place a "other related items" box had replaced it. The pictures are even already hosted for him!

I am assuming the drop ship issues you are refering to on eBay are the new 24 hour tracking info rule?

Nash

Entire thread
Subject  Posted byPosted on
*populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/19/08 07:32 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/19/08 08:05 PM
..Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/19/08 08:55 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  mouse09/20/08 08:25 AM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/20/08 12:54 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/20/08 05:39 AM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/20/08 12:53 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/20/08 01:03 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  Nash09/20/08 01:56 PM
.*Re: populate an eBay store with an existing inventory  bluepennylady09/20/08 02:15 PM
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads